Wednesday 27 January 2010

27/01/2010 - Choices - The Right Way Or The Easy Way

Started As Everyone Does By Waking Up At 9:10AM after about 1/2 hours sleep because of summat bad happenin the night before but i wont go into anymore detail about that.

at about 10 o clock i left the house and headed from greenfields (where i live) to the town centre.

so my journey went like this

Greenfields - Town Centre
Town Centre - Wyle Cop/Dogpole
Wyle Cop/Dogpole - English Bridge
From The English Bridge to walking down the river past Monkmoor To a place i think was called darville or summat like that - then took a path from there to sundourne Then a path up to haughmond hill.

i came to a fork in the pathway - one lead around the base of the hill gradually gettin up and the other lead up the steep rocky side of the hill. i wanted to go the easy but something in my mind was making me think "go the hard way, go up the rocky side" so i did and regardless of nearly falling a few times, i still carried on until i reached the top. when i reached the top i then decided to go back down and go down the othe path so i went back down the steep side and got onto the other path and kept on walking.

went past the place me and debbie spend our 1st day together as a couple just over 6mnths ago which brought back some memories. i carried on walking, past the Haughmond Abbey into the Abbey Wood where there was another fork in the path - i didnt know where any lead so i went by instinct and took the left path which took me quite deep into the woods and i ended up getting lost and lost my path, but found it again which was good.

i was on a wide path and the edge of the wood was near but i stopped and looked around me - i saw the path i was on which was wide and easy but saw loads of challenging ways around me so i decided to go along one of them. got a lot of scratches from it and got very very lost, it took a while before i found the path again. i reached the edge of the wood and then decided to turn back and head back to shrewsbury.

my mind started to wander as i was walking back and suddenly a thought popped into my head which was "one path is wide and easy to follow whilst Gods path is narrower and harder to stay on" with this thought in mind i retraced my steps - firstly back to haughmond hill - maybe god was testing me to see which path i would take, the easy or the difficult - same again with the path near the edge of the woods.

what i finally realised in my mind is that if you are on Gods path, it is hard to follow, there can be pain and some sacrifices need to be made (in this case bits of my leg from thorns) but the end of the path is so much more worthwhile than the easy path.

in relation to life, we all have a choice, we all have a path to follow - which path we decide is up to us but God is watching over us and helps us find our way onto the right path if we are on the wrong path - and he aids us when we are on the right path and urges us to keep on going.

If we set our mind to say "I CAN DO THIS" then i believe we have the potential to do whatever that thing is - like me and the steep rocky side of haughmond hill, i kept on going even though i slipped a few times.

Well Thats My Experience from Today - Hope You Enjoyed Reading - Gives Us A Comment If You Want

Daniel Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment